Leading people to become
fully devoted followers of Jesus
- Matthew 28:18-20
The Great Commission is our mission!
To brightly shine the
light of Christ in the world
– Matthew 5:14-16; John 1:5;
Jesus calls us to be the light of the world!
Who We Are:
Inola Christian Church
1) We don’t just GO to church… WE ARE the church! – Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47
Church isn’t just a place we go to, it’s who we are. We’re a local body of believers that’s part of the Capital “C” Church, and we will constantly look for ways to carry out Christ’s mission for us.
2) We are different and diverse but not divided - 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 12
We believe that diversity makes us stronger when we come together in unity in Christ. We strive to help people from all walks of life feel welcomed and included here, joined by the bond of Christ.
3) We believe that impossible starts only when our faith stops – Matthew 17:20
Jesus said faith would move mountains and that nothing would be impossible for those that have it. We believe the word of God and will not limit God’s work through us because of a lack of faith.
4) We believe in relationships over religion and truth over tradition – John 1:17, Matt 15:1-9, James 1:27
We love Jesus and his word and will lovingly share his word, without compromise, to others. We will not side with tradition or religion over the truth of the scriptures or elevate tradition to scriptural status. Jesus came with grace and truth so we will always show grace in our sharing of the truth.
5) We are stumbling together in the right direction – Romans 12:2, Galatians 6:1-6
We are not perfect, nor will we pretend to be, but by the power of the Holy Spirit, we will strive to live a life pleasing to God. We will be quick to forgive others and help each other through the trials, temptations, struggles and suffering of life, not leaving anyone behind.
6) We are passionately generous – 1 Corinthians 8:7-9
We will be known as a Church that excels in the grace of giving. We will generously give our time, talent and worldly wealth to help further God’s kingdom and take care of those in need.
7) We will boldly be ambassadors for Christ – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
We have been made a new creation in Christ, reconciled to God so we will be Christ’s ambassadors, sharing his word with the world. We will be compassionate, caring and creative in the ways we get the Good News of Jesus Christ out to others.